The Milken Institute School of Public Health follows the policies below regarding English Language Proficiency and Standardized Testing for international applicants.
English Language Proficiency
International applicants are required to submit official and current proof of English Language Proficiency according to these standards before being considered for admission. Scores may not be more than two years old.
- The TOEFL Internet Based Test - a score of 100 or above
- The IELTS - at least a 7.0 overall band score, with no individual score below 6.0
Waivers of the English Language Proficiency Requirement are granted only for the following reasons:
- The applicant has graduated from a degree program at a US university.
- The applicant is a citizen of a country where the sole official language is English.
- The applicant completed a degree at a university where the language of instruction is English and the university is located in a country where the sole official language is English.
GRE Testing Requirement
Please review the International Applicant Instructions for your specific immigration status to confirm if the GRE will be required with your application. If the instructions for your status indicate that the GRE is required, no waivers will be granted.
All international applicants requiring a visa to study or live in the United States must submit GRE scores before being considered for admission. To send GRE Scores to GW, please use Institution Code 5268. TOEFL Scores must be sent to Institution Code 5688.
Visa Process for International Applicants