Visa Process for International Applicants
Requesting Your I-20
If you are admitted and choose to enroll in the Milken Institute School of Public Health, we will submit a request for an I-20 on your behalf. GW's international services office reviews all requests for I-20s and will issue official documents to the Milken Institute School of Public Health Office of Admissions and Recruitment once the request is approved.
After we receive your documents, the I-20 request process may take up to four weeks to complete.
To proceed, please submit the following documents at any time:
Documents That Must Be Original
- The GW Visa Request and Financial Certificate Form with all original signatures
- Bank letters, signed by a bank representative, confirming the status and balance of all student and sponsor accounts that will be used to support your educational costs
- Letters of Government or Employer Sponsorship, if applicable
Documents That May Be Copies
- Your passport pages showing your date of birth and passport expiration date
- Any past visas for US travel, work or study
- Any prior I-20 forms from past study in the US
- Your current I-94 form if you are currently within the United States
If You Currently Hold a F-1 Visa
- The F-1 Transfer Request Form completed by you and an international advisor at your current school
- A signed statement waiving any remaining OPT time
Once you receive your I-20, you will be able to schedule your necessary embassy appointments to secure your visa. More information on requesting a visa is available through the International Services Office.
Documents should be mailed to:
Milken Institute School of Public Health Office of Admissions and Recruitment
The George Washington University
950 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Suite 200, Washington, DC, 20052
International Applicant Requirements