Avalere Health will be hosting an on-site information session about their Associate Immersion Program on Thursday, February 9th, from 12-1 pm. Students can RSVP for this even through GWork within the Information Sessions area.
The 2016-2017 Dannon Gut Microbiome, Yogurt and Probiotics Fellowship Grant application deadline is quickly approaching. Dannon will award a $25,000 grant to two scholars interested in exploring the gut microbiome, probiotics and/or yogurt to better understand their impact on the human body.
- GRANT ALERT DEADLINE February 15, 2017: Two $25,000 grants are available to undergraduate, graduate or postdoctoral scientists who show a strong interest in the research of the gut microbiome’s impact on human health and well-being and/or the nutritional and functional benefits of yogurt and probiotics. Applications are due by February 15, 2017. Find more information and learn about how to apply here.
For additional information, here is a link to the full announcement.
Public Relations Intern, Healthcare
Public Relations | Washington, DC
ZENOGROUP, is a global integrated communications agency born from PR whose core areas of expertise span industries and marketing channels across consumer, healthcare, corporate and technology. ZENOGROUP represents a diverse roster of clients from start-up companies to global brands and is part of the Daniel J. Edelman family of companies.
ZENOGROUP is a 2016 PRWeek Best Place to Work, three-time winner of Mid-size Agency of the Year and SABRE’s 2016 and 2011 Creative Agency of the Year. ZENOGROUP collaborates around the world and stands alone as a truly global midsize agency.
Is Zeno green your color?
ABOUT THE JOB
ZENOGROUP is searching for candidates who are out of the box thinkers and risk takers. Zeno’s internship program is a three to six month full-time paid opportunity where interns will gain valuable experience supporting ZENOGROUP’s offices and account teams for various healthcare clients in their daily activities.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and clients, with a wide array of responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with account team members from Assistant Account Executives to Vice Presidents & Managing Directors to develop & deliver key client deliverables
- Manage the day-to-day activities for 2-3 accounts
- Perform media monitoring and tracking
- Draft media materials, including but not limited to press releases, fact sheets, briefing sheets and pitches
- Hone media relations skills including media list development and actively pitching media
- Conduct research to aid in the strategy development process for current clients and new business pitches
- Participate in client brainstorms and program ideation
- Coordinate with outside vendors
- Manage event logistics and provide day-of-event on-site support
- Create and distribute mailers, press kits, and briefing kits
- Support administrative staff and overall office operations as needed
An ideal candidate will have an understanding of the ever-changing healthcare realm and will be connected to the pulse of these changes. Additionally, the candidate should have prior job or internship experience in public relations, with experience in health communications highly valued. ZENOGROUP looks forward to hearing from bright and creative candidates who are self-motivated and committed to exceeding client, industry, and personal expectations.
Specifically, ZENOGROUP is looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior internship experience in healthcare communications or public relations, with agency experience a plus
- Understanding of public relations, especially as it relates to healthcare
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and exceptional interpersonal skills are a must
- Strong organizational skills
- Collaborative spirit, results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines
- A pro-active mindset and the ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- MS Office proficiency is a must
The Milken Institute School of Public Health events team is looking for a responsible, organized, and outgoing graduate student assistant to help with upcoming events. SPH’s events team plans and coordinates events that highlight SPH’s mission to advance public health education.
The graduate student assistant will provide support behind-the-scenes and onsite at events. It’s a great opportunity to be part of the seminars, conferences, and special events hosted at Milken Institute SPH.
An interest in, or previous experience with event planning, project management or logistics is preferred.
To be eligible for the position, applicants must be enrolled in a graduate degree program at a school within The George Washington University. The position includes a $15.00 hourly wage. The successful candidate will be available for 20 hours per week. Availability for weekend and evening events is appreciated.
Please submit a resume to the events team at email@example.com. No calls, please.
The GW Center for Career Services will be hosting a school-wide Spring 2017 Internship Fair on Thursday, January 26th, from 1-5 pm at the Charles E. Smith Center. This is a great opportunity to network and meet recruiters specifically interested in hiring GW students and alumni. For this event to be an effective step in your job search process, make sure you do the following so that you can prepare a game plan for this event:
1) Go onto GWork and RSVP for the event
2) Review all of the employers attending (also in GWork)
3) Select the employers that you would like to meet at the fair and conduct research on each based on their purpose and your intentions
4) Develop and practice your professional introduction (visit the Prep Room at the Fair if you want to practice one more time)
5) Make sure you have at least 10 copies of your perfectly edited and tailored resume in a nice portfolio, and your business formal attire prepared at least a week before the fair.
If you need assistance with any of the items above, make an appointment to visit the Career Center, also on GWork or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Congressional Budget Office is a small, nonpartisan agency that provides economic and budgetary analysis to Congress. The Budget Analysis Division is seeking an analyst who will focus primarily on the Medicare program. CBO’s health analysts work closely with key Congressional staff as they develop federal health care policy. The analysts prepare multiyear spending projections for federal health care programs, analyze the Administration’s budget proposals, and prepare cost estimates for legislation being considered by the Senate and House of Representatives. That legislation may consist of a wide range of proposals to modify the financing or delivery of health care—for example, proposals to modify the set of health care services that federal programs cover, the terms under which the federal government will pay for services, or the amount that the federal government or beneficiaries will pay for covered services. Congress relies on such analyses to prepare its annual budget plan, evaluate the President’s budget proposals, and measure the potential budgetary impact of policy proposals. Click here for more information about the position.
Healthfirst is accepting applicants for its 10-week Summer 2017 Internship Program:
- $20/hour for undergraduates
- $25/hour for graduate students
- Start date not yet release
- Each intern is assigned a mentor who serves as their primary point of contact
- The mentor commits to weekly one-on-one meetings to discuss project progress, providing guidance and support, and helping with career development plans
- Apply here!
*Please note, as part of the application process, the applicant will need to record and submit a short video response to a few questions and the deadline to apply is January 27th, 2017.
Healthfirst is a not-for-profit managed care organization sponsored by some of the most prestigious and nationally recognized hospitals and medical centers in New York.Healthfirst serves more than 1.2 million members in downstate New York and offers top-quality Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Child Health Plus, and Managed Long Term Care plans. In addition, Healthfirst Leaf Qualified Health Plans and the Healthfirst Essential Plan are offered on NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace. As of January 1, 2017, Healthfirst also offers commercial EPO plans for individuals and small groups.