Are you presenting a poster for Research Day, April 11?
Information you may need to know…
Instructions for creating posters:
- Follow the poster guidelines and tips for creating posters – http://libguides.gwumc.edu/c.php?g=411218&p=2802738
- Use the Milken Institute SPH Research Poster templates for your poster; choose either 48”x48” or 48”x36” at: http://publichealth.gwu.edu/research/proposal-and-resources-portal (Scroll to the bottom of the web page)
- Include your faculty mentor’s name on the poster.
- Plan ahead!! FOR CURRENT STUDENTS and RECENT ALUMS (must have graduated June 2016): Posters can be printed up to April 9 but, you need to first obtain a voucher. The GW SPH Dean’s Office will support students’ and recent alums poster printing costs of up to $100 at FedEx/Kinkos.
- To obtain a voucher for poster production, send an email request to GWSPHResearch@gwu.edu. Include your name, GWID, department, and program.
- An email confirming your eligibility with and your voucher for poster production will be sent to you within 24 hours during business hours.
- After you receive your voucher, email your poster as a pdf document to Usa1815@fedex.com and include your voucher number and cc: GWSPHResearch@gwu.edu. Allow 24 hours for poster printing.
- Go to the FedEx Office Print and Ship Center (Kinkos), 2020 K Street NW (http://local.fedex.com/dc/washington/office-1815/) to pick up your poster. Posters can only be printed at this location with the voucher. Be prepared to present your voucher and GWID for student verification.
- Set up your poster at the Marvin Center on the morning of April 11 per OVPR instructions. Poster presentations are 12:30 -3 pm on April 11.
Questions? Contact GWSPHResearch@gwu.edu.