Scholarship and applied research related to health policy and management are the lifeblood of the department. Our faculty, staff and students are engaged in cutting-edge health policy and health management scholarship, health services research, and applied policy analysis and evaluation. The department has over 100 active grants and contracts, with a special focus on health care and public health system transformation.
As a department, we greatly value:
- Conducting rigorous, objective research that is translated into policy, practice and leadership.
- Being a trusted resource for shaping and advancing health policy and management options.
- Leveraging our unique location in Washington, DC, which allows for collaborations with health systems, policy leaders, health care executives and public health practitioners.
- Improving the health and health care of underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Geiger Gibson Program in Community Health Policy
- Hirsh Health Law and Policy Program
- Legal Barriers Program (Health Information and the Law)
- National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership