The Health Services Administration Specialist degree will develop leaders who possess the values, knowledge, and skills to achieve optimal delivery of healthcare. The degree is designed for individuals who have earned a post-baccalaureate degree and wish to either change careers by gaining knowledge and skills in health services administration or to upgrade their formal knowledge and skills in healthcare administration to include the latest advancements in the field.
Applicants must hold a post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
All Health Services Administration Specialist degree candidates complete 30 graduate credits of approved coursework.
- Thirty graduate credits are required. The Specialist has one required course: HSML 6270 Research-Health Services Admin (Independent Study). All other courses are chosen in consultation with the program director.
- The program director must pre-approve all course selections and sequencing by developing a “program of study” with the student prior to initial registration. Specialist candidates must meet with the program director each semester before registration; all changes to the program of study must be approved.
- The program director may approve up to eight graduate credits that have not been applied to a previous graduate degree as transfer credit into the Specialist degree program. Course(s) must be relevant to the Specialist degree; credit must have been earned from an accredited institution within the past three years with a grade of B, or better.
- Grade Point Requirement: A 3.0 (B average) overall grade point average, or better, is required.
- Time Limit Requirement: The degree must be completed within four years.
|Required course (2-3 credits):|
|HSML 6270||Research-Health Services Admin|
|HSML courses that may be taken for the specialist (27-28 credits):|
|PUBH 6004||Env/Occ Hlth-Sustainable World|
|HSML 6202||Intro/Health Services Delivery|
|HSML 6203||Intro to Health Management|
|HSML 6208||Medical Informatics|
|HSML 6209||Health Services Finance|
|HSML 6210||Hlth Serv Financl Applications|
|HSML 6211||Health Economics|
|HSML 6212||CommunityHealth Mgt & Advocacy|
|HSML 6215||Health Law for Managers|
|HSML 6231||Management-Acute Care Hospital|
|HSML 6232||Institution & Systems Mgt Apps|
|HSML 6233||Delivery-Behav Health Services|
|HSML 6234||Physician Practice Management|
|HSML 6238||Ambulatory Care Management|
|HSML 6239||Managed Care|
|HSML 6246||Service Line & Project Mgt|
|HSML 6247||Consulting in Health Care|
|HSML 6254||Sem:Ethics-Health Services Mgt|
|HSML 6285||Readings-Health Services Mgt|
|HSML 6286||Readings-Health Services Mgt|
|HSML 6299||Topics in HSML|