Academic Resources for Faculty
Below are links to GW and Milken Institute School of Public Health resources for faculty.
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Integrity
- Accommodations Guide - Disability Support Services
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning
- Class Rosters
- Classroom Technology
- Classrooms- Special Requests
- Counseling Center
- DegreeMap (accessed through GWeb: Faculty → DegreeMAP)
- Digital Screen Template (completed templates must be submitted to email@example.com at least one week in advance of desired post date)
- Disability Support Services
- Event Flier Template
- Exam Proctoring Memo
- Fact Sheet on Milken Institute SPH
- Faculty Rights & Responsibilities
- Final Exam Schedule
- Gelman Library
- Grant Proposal Templates (via the Milken Institute School of Public Health Research portal)
- Himmelfarb Library Public Health and Health Services Portal
- Himmelfarb APA Citation Services
- Logo-ed templates (for posters and powerpoints) (via the Milken Institute School of Public Health Research portal)
- Office Hours
- Powerpoint templates with school logo (via the Milken Institute School of Public Health Research portal)
- Religious Holiday Requests
- Syllabus Template- Residential Courses
- Writing Center
Classrooms - Special Requests -
Classes are assigned to classrooms centrally by the university. Special requests, such as the need for break out rooms or academic events such as seminars or brown bag lunches should be made through our Milken Institute School of Public Health Events Coordinator. Event requests should be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the event, using the online form.
Each department will establish a standard for faculty office hours. Talk to your department chair and administrator.
Religious Holiday Requests:
To accommodate the obligations of religiously observant students and faculty it is recommended:
- that students notify faculty during the first week of the semester of their intention to be absent from class on their day(s) of religious observance.
- that faculty continue to extend to these students the courtesy of absence without penalty on such occasions, including permission to make up examinations.
- that faculty who intend to observe a religious holiday arrange at the beginning of the semester to re-schedule missed classes or to make other provisions for their course-related activities.