Events Pricing & Fees
Milken Institute School of Public Health has four event classifications, and are defined as:
- Internal: Any event hosted by a SPH student, faculty or staff member. Internal events with 75% of attendees being SPH-affiliated are not subject to booking fees.
- University: Any event hosted by a GW department or student organization. A university event with less than 75% of attendees being GW-affiliated is categorized as External.
- Sponsored: Any university event in collaboration with an external entity. Sponsored events with less than 75% of GW-affiliated attendees are categorized as External.
- External: An event hosted by a non-GW entity. The GW University Hospital and Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) are classified as external entities.
Contact [email protected] for assistance determining your event's correct classification.
All SPH event classifications, daily rates, and fees may be subject to change.
The following daily rates are for full day bookings, and have a maximum booking time of 8 hours:
|SPH Venue||Internal (SPH) *||University (GW)||Sponsored||External|
|Executive Case||$ 750||$1000||$1500||$2000|
|Lecture Hall (each)||$ 250||$ 500||$ 750||$1000|
* SPH department & organizations are not charged venue rental fees; however, an internal event with less than 75% of attendees being SPH students, faculty or staff may be subject to booking fees.
Required User Fees & Additional Booking Charges
In addition to university-mandated fees for event set up ($27.50/hr), housekeeping ($35.00/hr) and university police ($50.82/hr), the following are required, regardless of event classification:
- Space Holds: An event requiring a space hold the day before or after an event will be charged an additional 50% of the daily rate.
- Early/Late Access: Events requiring access outside regular event hours will be charged $100/hr.
- Layout Modifications: Once a space has been set, changes in layout will incur a $100 fee per each day of the event.
- Additional Time: Events that exceed the eight-hour booking will be charged $100/hour.
- Storage: Event organizers that leave materials, external furniture, and non-SPH property after an event will be charged $100/day.
Contact [email protected] for more information on user fees and charges.
Event Modifications & Cancellations
Once an event is approved, fees associated with modifications and cancellations are as follows:
- Booking modifications under 30 days: 25% of daily rate
- Booking cancellations under 30 days: 50% of daily rate
- Modifications or cancellations more than 30 days prior to the event start: $100
Internal departments are not subject to booking modification and cancellation fees.
Payment & Billing
Costs owed by GW schools, departments, and student organizations must be paid via journal entry/transfer after the event. Payments owed by external groups can be submitted by credit card or check sent by certified mail, and must be paid in full prior to the start of an event.