Link to NCBI: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/jennifer.sacheck.1/bibliography/public/
1. Economos, C.D., A. Koomas, S. Anzman-Frasca, S. Folta, M. Newman, J Heck, G. Chen, J.M. Sacheck. Snacks, beverages, and physical activity during volunteer-led out-of-school-time programs: A cross-sectional analysis. BMC Public Health. 17(1):125, 2017.
2. Linder, D., J.M. Sacheck, F. Noubary, M. Nelson, L. Freeman. Dog attachment and perceived social support in overweight/obese and healthy weight children. Prev Med Reports. 6:352-354, 2017.
3. Corcoran, M., M.E. Nelson, J.M. Sacheck, K.F. Reid, D. Kirn, R.A. Fielding, K.K. Chui, S.C. Folta. Efficacy of an exercise and nutritional supplement program on physical performance and nutritional status in older adults with mobility limitations residing at senior living facilities. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. 25(3):453-463, 2017.
4. Amin, S., C.M. Wright, R. Boulos, V.R. Chomitz, K. Chui, C.D. Economos, J.M. Sacheck. The physical activity environment and academic achievement in Massachusetts schoolchildren. Journal of School Health. 87(12):932-940, 2017.
5. Fielding, R.A., G.T. Travison, D.R. Kirn, A. Koochek, K.F. Reid, Å. von Berens, H. Zhu, S.C. Folta, J.M. Sacheck, M.E. Nelson, C.K. Liu, A.C. Åberg, M. Nydahl, M. Lilja, T. Gustafsson, T. Cederholm. Effect of structured physical activity and nutritional supplementation on physical function in mobility-limited older adults: results from the VIVE2 randomized trial. J Nutr Health Aging. 21(9):936-942, 2017.
6. Bleiweiss-Sande, R., S. Kranz, P. Bakun, L.A. Tanskey, C.M. Wright, J.M Sacheck. Comparative study of a new dietary screener to assess food groups of concern in children. Food and Nutrition Bulletin. 38(4):585-593, 2017.
7. Berger, S.E., M. Van Rompay, C.M. Gordon, E. Goodman, M. Eliasziw, M.F. Holick, J.M. Sacheck. Investigation of the 3-epi-25(OH)D3 of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in urban schoolchildren. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. Epub ahead of print, Oct 2017.
8. Sacheck, J.M., M. Van Rompay, V.R. Chomitz, C.D. Economos, M. Eliasziw, E. Goodman, C.M. Gordon, M.F. Holick. The impact of three doses of daily vitamin D on serum 25(OH)D deficiency and insufficiency in at-risk schoolchildren – a randomized clinical trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 102(12):4496-4505, 2017.
9. Blakely, C., M. Van Rompay, N. Schultz, J.M. Sacheck. Relationship between muscular strength and cardiovascular risk factors and vitamin D status among diverse schoolchildren. BMC Pediatr. 18(1):23, 2018.
10. Amin, S., P. Duquesnay, C.M. Wright, K. Chui, C.D. Economos, J.M. Sacheck. The association between perceived athletic competence and physical activity: implications for low-income schoolchildren. Pediatr Exerc Sci. 30(3):433-440, 2018.
11. Lehnerd, M., J. Sacheck, J. Goldberg, T. Griffin, S. Cash. Farmers’ perspectives on the adoption and impacts of nutrition incentive and Farm to School programs. Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development. 8(1): 2018.
12. Tanskey, L.A., J. Goldberg, K. Chui, A. Must, J.M. Sacheck. The state of the summer: a review of child summer weight gain and efforts to prevent it. Current Obesity Reports. 7(2):112-121, 2018.
13. Sacheck, J.M. and S. Amin. Cardiorespiratory fitness in children and youth – A call for surveillance, but now how do we do it? Exer Sports Sci Rev. 46(2):65, 2018.
14. Amin, S., M. Lehnerd, S. Cash, C.D. Economos, J.M. Sacheck. A case study of a Nutrition Cohort: the development of a funder-initiated learning collaborative. Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development. 8(2):2018.
15. Amin, S., C. Panzarella, M. Lehnerd, S.B. Cash, C.D. Economos, J.M. Sacheck. Identifying food literacy educational opportunities for youth. Health Educ and Behav. 45(6):918-925, 2018.
16. Wright, C.M., V.R. Chomitz, P.J. Duquesnay, S.A. Amin, C.D. Economos, J.M. Sacheck. The FLEX Study school-based physical activity programs – Measurement and evaluation of implementation. BMC Public Health. 19:73, 2019.
17. Amin, S., M. Lehnerd, S.B. Cash, C.D. Economos, J.M. Sacheck. The development of a novel tool for food literacy assessment in children (TFLAC). J Nutr Educ Behav. 51(3):364-369, 2019.
18. Economos, C.D., S. Anzman-Frasca, A.H. Koomas, P.J. Bakun, C.M. Brown, D. Brown, S.C. Folta, K.J. Fullerton, J.M. Sacheck, S. Sharma, M.E. Nelson. Dissemination of healthy kids out of school principles for obesity prevention: a RE-AIM analysis. Prev Med. 119:37-3, 2019.
19. Tanskey, L.A., J. Goldberg, K. Chui, A. Must, J.M. Sacheck. Accelerated summer weight gain in a low-income, ethnically diverse sample of elementary school children in Massachusetts. Childhood Obesity. 15(4):244-253, 2019.
20. Sylvetsky, A.C., A. Hiedacavage, N. Shah, P. Pokorney, S. Baldauf, K. Merrigan, V. Smith, M.W. Long, R. Black, K. Robien, N. Avena, C. Gaine, D. Greenberg, M.G. Wootan, S. Talegawkar, U. Colon-Ramos, M. Leahy, A. Ohmes, J.A. Mennella, J.M. Sacheck, W.H. Dietz. From Biology to Behavior: A Cross-Disciplinary Seminar Series Surrounding Added Sugar and Low-calorie Sweetener Consumption. Obesity Science & Practice. 5(3):203-219, 2019.
21. Schultz, N.S., K. Chui, C.D. Economos, A.H. Lichtenstein, S.L. Volpe, J.M. Sacheck. A qualitative investigation of key factors that influence elementary school employee health behaviors: Implications for health promotion programming. J School Health. 89(11):890-898, 2019.
22. Lehnerd, M., S. Cash, J. Goldberg, T. Griffin, S., J. Sacheck. Qualitative exploration of farm to school program adoption and expansion in Massachusetts schools. Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition, 15(2), 2020.
23. Bleiweiss-Sande, R., K. Chui, E. W. Evans, J. Goldberg, S. Amin, J. Sacheck. Robustness of food processing classification systems. Nutrients. 11;1344. Online June 14, 2019.
24. Tanskey, L.A., J. Goldberg, K. Chui, A. Must, J.M. Sacheck. A qualitative exploration of potential determinants of accelerated weight gain among school-age children: Perspectives from parents. BMC Pediatrics. 19(1):438, 2019.
25. Bleiweiss-Sande, R., K. Chui, C. Wright, S. Anzman-Frasca, S. Amin, J. Sacheck. Associations between dietary intake patterns, cognition, and academic achievement in 3rd and 4th grade children from the Fueling Learning through Exercise Study. Nutrients. 11(11): 2019.
26. Sacheck, J.M. and C.M. Wright. What do teachers see? Perceptions of school-time physical activity programs on student behavior. Journal of Sport and Health Sciences. 9(1):50-52, 2020.
27. Bleiweiss-Sande, R., J. Goldberg, W. Evans, K. Chui, C. Bailey, J.M. Sacheck. Chemicals, cans and factories: how grade school children think about processed foods. Public Health Nutrition. 18:1-10, 2020
28. Bleiweiss-Sande, R., J. Goldberg, W. Evans, K. Chui, C. Bailey, J.M. Sacheck. Perceptions of processed foods among low-income and immigrant parents. Health Education and Behavior. 47(1)101-110, 2020.
29. Bleiweiss-Sande, R., J. Sacheck, K. Chui, J. Goldberg, C. Bailey, W. Evans. Processed food consumption is associated with diet quality, but not weight status, in a sample of low-income and ethnically diverse elementary school children. Appetite. Online Aug 2020.
30. Sacheck, J.M. and D. Mozaffarian. Physical activity in patients with existing atrial fibrillation: Time for an exercise prescription? Eur Heart J. 41(15):1476-1478, 2020.
31. Sylvetsky, A.C., C. Turvey, S. Halberg, J.R. Weisenberg, K. Lora, A.J. Visek, J. Sacheck. Parental concerns about child caffeinated sugar-sweetened beverage intake and perceived barriers to reducing consumption. Nutrients. 12(4):885, 2020.
32. Bleiweiss-Sande, R., C. Bailey, J. Sacheck, J. Goldberg. Addressing challenges with the categorization of foods processed at home: a pilot methodology to inform consumer-facing guidance. Nutrients. 12(8): 2020.
33. Sylvestsky A.C, A. Visek, S. Halberg, D.K. Rhee, Z. Ongaro, K. Essel, W. Dietz, J. Sacheck. Beyond taste and easy access: physical, cognitive, interpersonal, and emotional reasons for sugary drink consumption among children and adolescents. Appetite. 155: 2020.
34. Schultz, N.S., K. Chui, C.D. Economos, A.H. Lichtenstein, S.L. Volpe, J.M. Sacheck. Impact of health behaviors and perceived occupational stress on cardiometabolic health in elementary school employees. Preventive Medicine Reports. 20: 2020.
35. Sacheck, J.M., C.M. Wright, S. Anzman-Frasca, V.M. Chomitz, K. Chui, P. Duquesnay, M.E. Nelson, C.D. Economos. The FLEX Study cluster-randomized trial: Impact on children’s moderate-to-vigorous physical activity. Am J Prev Med. In Press.
36. Halberg, S., A.J. Visek, E.F. Blake, K.D. Essel, J.M. Sacheck, A.C. Sylvetsky. SODAMAPS: A framework for understanding caffeinated sugary drink consumption among children. Frontiers in Nutrition. Accepted.