Sample listing from 2020-present.
1. Napolitano, M.A., Lynch, S.*, & Stanton, C. (2020). Young adult e-cigarette use: Perceptions of stress, body image, and weight control. Eating and Weight Disorders, 25, 487-495. doi: 10.1007/s40519-018-0627-6.
2. DiPietro, L., Zhang, Y.*, Mavredes, M., Simmens, S.J., Whiteley, J.A., Hayman, L.L., Faro, J., Malin, S., Winston, G. & Napolitano, M.A. (2020). Physical activity and cardiometabolic risk factor clustering in young adults with obesity. Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise, 52:1050-1056. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0000000000002214.
3. Napolitano, M.A., Lynch, S.*, Mavredes, M., Shambon, B., & Posey, L. (2020). Evaluating an interactive digital intervention for college weight gain prevention. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 52, 890-897. doi: 10.1016/j.jneb.2020.04.007
4. Napolitano, M.A., Lynch, S.*, Mavredes, M., Shambon, B., Posey, L. (2020). Formative work to design a digital learning self-assessment and feedback tool to prevent weight gain among college students. Digital Health, 6, 2055207620979458. doi: 10.1177/2055207620979458.
5. Napolitano, M.A., Harrington, C.B., Patchen, L., Ellis, L., Ma, T., Gaminian, A. Bailey, C. Evans, W.D. (2021). Feasibility of a digital intervention to promote healthy weight management among postpartum African-American/Black women. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(4), 2178. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18042178
6. Napolitano, M.A., Whiteley, J.A., Mavredes, M.N., Tjaden, A.H., Simmens, S., Hayman, L.L., Faro, J.*, DiPietro, L. (2021). Effect of tailoring on weight loss among young adults receiving digital interventions: An 18-Month Randomized Controlled Trial. Translational Behavioral Medicine, 11(4), 970-980. https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibab017
7. Whiteley, J.A., Faro, J.*, Mavredes, M., Hayman, L.L., & Napolitano, M.A. (2021). Application of Social Marketing to Recruitment for a Digital Weight Management Intervention for Young Adults. Translational Behavioral Medicine. 11(2), 484-494.. https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibaa032
8. Lepping, K., Mavredes, M., Faro, J., Bailey, C.P., & Napolitano, M.A. (2021). Physical activity and stress management behaviors among university students. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. doi:10.1177/15598276211020688
9. Faro, J.F., Whiteley, J.A., Hayman, L.L., Napolitano, M.A. (2021) Body Image Quality of Life Related to Light Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior Among Young Adults with Overweight/Obesity. Behavioral Sciences, 11(8), 111. doi: 10.3390/bs11080111.
10. Bennett, M., Gu., J., Whiteley, J.A., Mavredes, M.M., Gaminian, A. & Napolitano, M. A (2021, Accepted). A qualitative investigation of the need for and feasibility of weight loss programs on university campuses. Obesity Research & Clinical Practice
11. Bailey, C.P.*, M. Lowry, M.A. Napolitano, M.T. Hoban, C. Kukich, Perna, F.M. (2021, Accepted). Associations between college/university physical activity requirements and student physical activity. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport.
12. Ingersoll, R.N.*, Bailey, C.B., Mavredes, M., Wang, Y., Napolitano, M.A. (2021, Accepted). Dietary behaviors, physical activity, and reported role models among young adults with overweight and obesity. Emerging Adulthood.
13. Bailey, C.P.*, Elmi, A.F., Hoban, M.T., Kukich, C., & Napolitano, M.A. (2021, Accepted) Associations between college/university campus characteristics and student body mass index. Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine
14. Napolitano, M.A., Tjaden, A., Bailey, C.P.*, DiPietro, L., & Rimal, R. (2022, Accepted). What moves young people: Applying the risk perception attitude framework to physical activity and cardiometabolic risk.
*denotes student or trainee