Given the dramatic changes in healthcare policy and regulation over the past decade, the position of corporate compliance officer has become increasingly important in the healthcare industry. No other position can have so profound an impact on your healthcare organization's success—or failure. Legislation such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the federal Anti-Kickback and Stark Laws has created the need for university-based credentials for this increasingly specialized—and increasingly complicated—field.
GW's College of Professional Studies (CPS) offers a one-of-a-kind program providing a comprehensive corporate compliance education. Drawing from both GW's Department of Health Policy & Management in the Milken Institute School of Public Health and a leading healthcare law firm in Washington, DC, the program offers education in healthcare laws and regulations as well as tools and strategies for creating effective corporate compliance programs.
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Corporate Compliance (HCC) can be offered as a dual degree with these Milken Institute School of Public Health programs:
- MPH, Health Policy
- Masters in Health Administration (MHA)
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Corporate Compliance is awarded through the GW College of Professional Studies.
To be considered for the Healthcare Corporate Compliance Graduate Certificate program you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher (on the 4.0 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university
If applicable, you must also submit:
- International transcript evaluation
- English language test scores
Please note that international applicants who require a student visa are not eligible for admission to this program.
Go here for more information about how to apply.
Applicants who plan to earn the HCC Certificate as a dual degree with a Milken Institute School of Public Health program must apply separately to each program. Applications for the MPH and MHA are processed through SOPHAS, the Schools of Public Health Application Service.
Designed for working professionals, the 12-credit Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Corporate Compliance (GW HCC Program or Program) provides students with a uniquely comprehensive education in healthcare corporate compliance. The Program is designed for current or aspiring corporate compliance officers and other working in compliance-related fields. The course of study, offered in just over seven months, is divided into three segments:
- Five-day, in-classroom Residency at GW's Graduate Education Center in Alexandria,VA (three credits);
- Six-month, Online Distance Learning segment (six credits); and
- Three-day, In-classroom Capstone back in Alexandria, VA (three credits).
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Corporate Compliance can also be awarded in conjunction with these GWSPH degree programs:
- MPH, Health Policy- The 12 credits* earned through the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Corporate Compliance may be applied toward this MPH degree.
- Masters of Heath Administration (MHA)- The 12 credits* earned through the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Corporate Compliance may be applied as electives in this program.
All other degree requirements for each of these Master's programs must be fulfilled.
*NOTE- Only coursework taken within the last 3 years with a grade of B or better are eligible to transfer.
HCC Joint Certificates
Jane Hyatt Thorpe